Zumba Party Friday night!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, Feb 16, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If I wasn't already playing golf on Saturday then I'd be cutting up the tree that came down the other day with all that wind we had. Got the pictures of it on facebook. And since I'm playing golf Saturday, then I'll more than likely be working on the tree sunday.

2. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

The Zumba Parties are fun. The one at the Garner Senior Center is mostly for adults (16 and up). They have other parties in the area where younger kids can come too. It is for any skill level, young and old. Erin, Kathy & Nora are great. They each have their own unique style. I have been taking Zumba classes for 1.5 years now and love it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so what do you guys wear to these classes - i tried to find a video of it but only thing i could find was youtube and can't see that from work.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

doesn't require anything special....just normal workout clothes....

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

does that mean shorts or sweats? i mean is it a really sweaty thing or what - wish i could see it

6. KellBell

your dancing your booty off...so YES, you sweat. I wear "wicking" workout clothes (wicking means it keeps the sweat off your body)

at this time of year, I am wearing pants, yoga pants, sports bra, t-shirt. I am soaked when I leave.

7. KellBell

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

9. KellBell

thats right girl....all sizes and ages and colors....its all about shaking it and burning some calories!!

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Shut Up!

That's AWESOME KB!!! :hurray::hurray:

11. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Zumba

It's so much fun. No although I'm a senior citizen, anyone can join in at the center in Garner. Since I've gone back to work p/t I haven't been going but may go tonight.

You will definitely enjoy it! Laugh a lot.

12. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

zumba

How much are the classes at the Pres. church on 42?

13. KellBell

$7

14. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

zumba

Thanks KellBell - is that $7/class and can you please send me the address and days they meet.

I'm planning on going to Garner Sr. Ctr on Monday evening @ 6:30. They are starting a new session which I think runs for about 5 or 6 weeks for $13.00. I think my best bet may be to start out slow since I haven't been to zumba in over a year.

Have agreat day to all, seems like it's finally going to warm up.

Ro

15. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

So who went to the Zumba party on Friday? For the ones that did, what were your favorite songs/dances?

I don't know all the names to the songs, but the ones I do are the Michael Franti (Say Hey), Daddy Yankee (Rompe) and Los Campeones de la Salsa, Arash Boro Boro, and a lot that Nora does, but I don't know the names of the songs. I really liked the new ones that Kathy did, but I don't know the names of the songs. It was a great turn out for the party.

16. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I was there!!! Got there around 6:40 and stuck with it until the end. Can't say which songs I like becasue I cna't understand a word or know any of the artists. :) I didn't care for one particular instructor, but I won't say who in case they happen to read here (don't want to hurt any feelings - LOL!).

I plan on being there in March and April. Hope they extend it past then!