zumba

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by RCARP, Jan 28, 2010.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

3. Spikesmom

Spikesmom Active Member

Zumba classes

You can also google Zumba, go to the official site, put in your zipcode and find a list of classes. There is also a once a month Zumba Party at the Garner Senior Center - 4 or 5 of the instructors (usually Nora, Erin, Kathy and Vanessa) take turns leading. It runs from 630 to 830 and costs $5.00. Usually held the 3rd or 4th Friday of the month.

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I like Nora! She's who teaches at Rex Wellness in Garner.

5. KellBell

going tonight in Garner if anyone is up for it!!

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That still leaves one for partying and drinking.

7. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

When you mention Garner, do you mean the Sr. Center?

8. KellBell

nope. Christy's Dancexplosion, off Aversboro.

9. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to go next week.

10. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I went for the first time on Monday night at the Danze Zone. It is not taught by a Danze Zone instructor but by another person who teaches it a gym. I really liked it but of course I was sore on Tuesday. I will definitely do it again. I'm thinking of joining the Rex Wellness Ctr and start some of the classes there too. But for the person who started the thread and asked how it was . . . it was GREAT!!!!

11. OverdaRainbow

OverdaRainbow Well-Known Member

I tried it for the first time Tuesday night at New Hope Presbyterian Church and LOVED it! I even talked my mom and sister into trying it out with me and they too loved it. I can't wait to go back!

12. KellBell

:cheers:

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

13. KellBell

nope, no dance instructors teach...they just use the spaces at Dance Studios. You have to be "certified" to teach it.

I can't put into words to people how much fun it is and how you forget you are actually "working out"! It's soooo much fun! :hurray::hurray:

14. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

I saw today that Rex in Garner has Water Zumba. I guess it is water aerobics zumba-style. Anyone tried that yet?

15. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I did. I didn't like it. It was awkward, and you can't hear the music since they just use a boom box (the music is half the fun!). I'm sticking to the Mon night class.