Anyone been on a flight out of RDU with these storms?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by VolleyGirl, Aug 5, 2009.

1. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I think I am the only person on the planet without one. :lol:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

nope, me neither - i remember my first flight i took a little walkman cassette player with earphones and that helped - now i love flying and love the turbulence - yeah i know it's crazy but i love the excitement:lol:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] lol... I'll pass. I'll be first in line for train tickets!

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

drink heavily

5. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Definitely get dramamine in your system ahead of time. I get sea sick horribly and when I've gone on dives before will start taking them the night before and then make sure I'm the first off the boat when we arrive to the dive site:lol: If I don't get them in my system at least 24 hours before, they don't help.

I don't want to scare you worse, but just be prepared for a little extra bumpiness as you take off and get airborne this time of year. I recently flew to Dallas/Ft Worth and was surprised at how dense the air was from the humidity lately. I fly a lot, but usually not in the high summers so it caught me off guard. Luckily, hubby was with me and since he's a pilot could let me know everything was normal or I would have panicked too!! But once you get up to cruising altitude, you should be fine. Just think of all the fun you'll have once you get there!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't have one either. :lol:

7. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I think since I'm preparing for the worst it will end up not being as bad as I think (at least I hope!)

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Dramamine will help w/ hte anxiety as well as I have issues w/ anxiety. Have Xanax prescribed to me but on trips, do the dramamine thing. Lots of great suggestions on here and as you can see, you are definitely not alone in the not liking to fly department! Focus on the trip for sure and the fun you'll have. Good lcuk.

Stephanie--mom to 7

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I tell folks that are terrified that they would spend $0 at Six flags to experience the Turbulence thing. As long as you keep your seat-belt on and tight you should not have an issue.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There is a motion sickness OTC med called Bonine. It's a blue and white box. I've found it to be affective and it doesn't make me as drowsy as Dramamine.
    Have a safe trip. I'm on vacation too. Drove 600 miles yesterday to Watkins Glen NY. No wonder everyone moves south. It's freaking freezing up here!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  11. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

It is going to be in the 50's at night in CA. Ugh. At least it will be mid 70's during the day! Hey and we don't care how you do it in NY right now. :jester::mrgreen: j/k have a safe trip back. And I have used Bonine. It's good stuff. :

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

So you made it and didn't puke? Awesome! :mrgreen:

Have a good time, my 20 yr HS reunion is next Saturday in Raleigh! :hurray:
    AND DH's BD is Sunday. <he'll be 4-0>

13. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Sadly, no. I leave at around 7 tonight and thunderstorms are predicted for 5. Please lord that they are over by then. :cry:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

boo hoo..... :jester:

15. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

you know what I still have your cell number. I'm going to send you a hundred texts while I'm flying!!!!!!! Meany.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

thats ok... I will forward them to Obama... :jester:

17. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

yeah text message will be the next thing he wants forwarded :lol:

18. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Ok I'm off. I have my nausea meds and celebrity mags to distract me. Don't miss me now ya here? :cheers:

19. seabee

seabee Guest

what airline????

20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Okay folks here's the official update. I got here safely and have been enjoying the most beautiful 75 degree weather. As for my flights the outcome was.....................................TWO PERFECT FLIGHTS!!!! I truly could not have asked for better flights than the two I had. Thank you God and all of you for your ideas and pep talks :hurray::grouphug: