Anyone been on a flight out of RDU with these storms?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by VolleyGirl, Aug 5, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Good... :cheers:

2. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Thanks you two!! :grouphug:

3. seabee

seabee Guest

yeah right... :jester:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good for you but how boring, i love a little turbolence but i am very happy you made it there safe and sound

5. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Okay not that anyone cares, but I'm back and here's the quick recap. The flights were perfect on my way there. Then it was perfect from Cali to Minn-
    St. Paul and I slept the whole flight. However, my luck ran out flying into RDU when we experienced some nasty turbulence. Luckily the pilot knew it was coming so I was preparing myself, but for the love of God people it makes it ten times worse if you scream out when the plane drops. I am already sitting there DYING of fright and holding on for dear life and your yelling does not help me get into the frame of mind that everything is going to be okay. Thankfully, it only lasted a couple of minutes but we had a couple of good drops. I even heard the flight attendant talking to the pilot about it on the way off the plane! All in all, it was worth it. I had a fantastic time in California. (Despite almost getting kicked out of a Giants game, but that's a different story :mrgreen:)

6. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Welcome home, VolleyGirl =D glad you made it safe.

I had a similar experience when i traveled a few months back... The flight out was perfect... and then coming back it was terrible. I refuse to fly at night ever again... And also our pilot felt waaaaaaayyyyy too low and slow on approach. It was probably just my fear talking, and i'm definitely no pilot... but it didn't feel right at all.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:

see, I knew you'd be fine and have a grand time. :mrgreen:

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

What's worse is if it's the pilot that's doing the screaming. No need to worry until you hear that. :mrgreen:

Welcome home.

9. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Or both people on the sides of me puking, which I thought was going to happen. They were turning a little green. I was more scared than sick, but that would have just made the nightmare complete. :ack:

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Welcome home VG!

11. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

Grit your teeth and hang on.

I flew out of Atlanta last year during the storm that produced the tornado downtown.It was lightning so much that it looked like daylight outside. The Pilot made the flight attendants stay seated and buckled the whole way back to Raleigh.But we didn't have any problems other than the rough ride.