Coffee, Coffee, Coffee ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jan 30, 2010.

1. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

I had been buyin Folgers but thinking about trying something different. I like the McDonalds regular coffee & am not a fan of the flavored coffees or cold coffee. Been thinking about 8 o'clock or Dunkin.

2. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I spent 8 years in Seattle learning to love Starbucks! Now other coffee tastes wimpy to me!:lol:

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My wife also likes Krispy Kreme, but there isn't one between Raleigh and Goldsboro. Dunkin' is attempting to increase its marketshare in Eastern NC and KK doesn't seem to grow. There are KK's in Rocky Mount, Fayetteville, Raleigh and Goldsboro and none in between.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Kathy. But since I do not know you and are not friends. Do as you wish. But if we were in South Florida I would invite you down to south beach. On Collins ave between 6th and 7th there is a little laundry mat\ resturant that has the best Cuban coffee in the area. And to take a play on words (nothing dirty about it) ONCE YOU'VE HAD BLACK (Cuban coffee that is), YOU NEVER GO BACK (To Starbucks that is) :)

And I still like my Chock Full O Nuts

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If you are over that way, there is a KK in Knightdale, right on 64 in front of the Home Depot. I had to resist the magnetic pull myself on Thursday night.8) Caveat, they don't make the donuts there, but the coffee is just as good.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Starbuck Pike Place Roast or Peppermint Mocha Fraps...yum! Love it!!

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I rarely make it to Knightdale, however I go by the Goldsboro store every week with emphasis on 'go by' because I do like their doughnuts but try to steer clear of the temptations. To be fair, I like Dunkin's cake doughnuts, too but only have one ever so often.

I'm surprised that KK never got around to putting a bakery/store in Smithfield. Seems like one near the interstate would be a major homerun. Who would have thought that Dunkin' would beat them to Smithfield?

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

BJ"s brand of Decaf. :mrgreen:

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

DD French Vanilla Ground is all we buy-and we also get it in the BIG bags at BJ's!

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Used to like Chock full o Nuts when I lived in PA and NJ ... have just gone off the taste since I moved here. Maybe it's the regional water ... just doesnt taste the same. ;) I can drink coffee black, with or without flavoring, depending on how it tastes. Sometimes it needs A LOT Of cream and sugar. *grin*

11. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We really like Millstone but it is so expensive at the grocery store for a small bag. We got hooked on it when BJ's had it in the big bags. Sadly they dont carry it anymore and the small bags at the grocery store cost about the same as the big bags we used to get at BJ's. So we have switched to 8 O'Clock-not as good, but gets you going in the AM.

Love Harry & Davids coffee!! but also expensive and we only brew for special occasions or weekends.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Whatever is cheapest. Right now I have three cans of Folgers Columbian because it was on sale for 3.99 a few weeks back.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

15. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I've been addicted to Caribou blend coffee K-cups lately. I'm just wish they were a little cheaper. My hubby said he didn't realize when he bought it, he'd have another monthly "coffee expense." :lol: I drink 4 - 5 cups a day.

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my wife drinks DD, KK, Starbucks or Eight O' Clock. I'm an occasional cup drinker...she could take hers by IV, I believe.

17. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Eight O'Clock.... Original or Hazelnut

Preferably in my coffee mug from Your House restaurant.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats why I didn't think one of those Keurigs would be cost efficient for us, when I brew a whole pot (which isn't every day), I drink most of it. I like the Delonghi Coffee & Cappucino maker that DH got me for Christmas. Its nice to make a cappucino at home when I want one, and its not too difficult.

I like the New England brand coffees, Millstone, or Dunkin Donuts.

19. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Dunkin' Donuts coffee they make is the best.
    At home, I usually buy Eight O'Clock beans and grind them myself. Best for the money.
    I also just got a Keurig last weekend from my wonderful SIL. It is great for weekdays when I don't want to spend too much time or effort. I had been buying coffee from the coffee place at WakeMed, their refillable 16 oz cup, a refill is $1.
    My question- who has the best price on K Cups?

20. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I like Dunkin Donuts too, and Eight O'Clock Bean, but I have a new local coffee that I am totally hooked on, especially in the fall they sell a pumpkin spice whole bean that I love:
    http://muddydogcoffee.com/coffee/welcome.php