.... let the holiday drama begin....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That's funny. My DH said to let the complaining DH stay at the house if he felt so strongly about it. I was going to say that, but I am nicer than that.8)

I like your idea...but I want my kids to take care of me one day!! :mrgreen:

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what we do- take our travel trailer; it allows us to take pets with us, too, and gives us the privacy we want after visiting all day with the relatives. A place for quiet time for any of the children in the extended family, and a place for the teens to have their own card game at night when they get bored with adult socializing.It has been win-win for us :)

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Send the in-laws to a hotel and relax in their house while they're gone. :mrgreen:

I am so glad I don't have to deal with in-laws around the holidays anymore. Took me a LONG time but I finally realized that I was not REQUIRED to be around them just because it was a holiday. Holidays are a lot nicer now.

5. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

:lol: Love it

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have that same deal with a family member. For years, we would get together, but I finally put my foot down and said no more. Not worth the stress.

7. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

1 overnight is good, two is o.k. Any more, then hotel!