New Pastor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by inthehunt, May 21, 2007.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am no longer sure there is a god, I can't say for sure that there isn't a god(s) so I cannot state that I am an athiest.

I understand your point about the virgin birth however if your stating that I should belive in the one religion over the others because this one had suposidly had one of these births as its origin is a little much to ask.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Actually 8th child but was foretold to be so.

In prison as Krishna was to slay the evil ruler.

Exchanged in secret by his father with the daughter of a cowherder.

A multiheaded snake protected him from the rain and the water fo the river parted to allow his father passage.

This starts to fit the story, but there is more that does not in this particular presentation.

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

It does take faith. That is for sure. But then that is what God's Grace is for. He has revealed Himself and is patient for the one who doubts.

4. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Interesting that you bring up John MacArthur. When you read the commentary in his study bible, you see that he does not hold every word to the Holy Bible to be accurate.

(BTW, I think the MacArthur Study Bible is a wonderful addition to someone's library. If you have a Christian friend who you can't think of an appropriate gift for, consider going on EBAY and buying them one).

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Job 40: 15-24 Behemoth (cedar tree like tail kinda excludes a hippo or elephant)
    and Job 41 - 34 leviathan (sea monster ??)

what do you think these animals were referring too?? Just curios - I assure you that I am NOT trying to argue but enjoy learning more about the Bible and my Lord and Savoir? Some say this could possibly be dinosaurs - some say not... but could this possibly explain dinosaurs to those who question the Bible?? Again - I am NOT trying to start an attitude competition (I win that at home lol) but just giving another view point to the dinosaur statement. :)

Wayne - what are your thoughts on Behemoth and leviathans?

6. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

first its northerners (never said yankee FYI) and now its atheist's! GEEEZZZ 40/42!!!!!

7. GarnerGirl2000

how about i call you a dork

8. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Hold while I google heliocentric and Norsemen and their meanings -LOL - I work in the medical field and can tell you about costochondral calcification/hydronephrosis/abd pain/headaches/ and so on.... but sometimes you loose me! :)

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:eek: ut oh...

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Now, now, play nice!

11. GarnerGirl2000

this is what i hear when i read what you have wrote...

blah blah blah blah i devilock am using big words for no reason, blah blah blah blah blah i devilock am dumb, blah blah blah blah blah, i devilock am a nerd blah blah blah blah i devilock need to get a job and outta my mommas basement blah blah blah blah blah

12. ready2cmyKing

How do we know dinosaur bones are older?? Because of carbon dating? How do we know that is accurate? Just because scientists say it is accurate, I'm suppose to take it as gospel truth? Call me a simpleton, but I'll continue to put my faith in the Bible instead of in man. As far as dinosaurs go, I guess I'll learn all about them and what happened to them when I'm with their Creator. ;)

13. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

Now that's just rude and uncalled for. Where are your Southern manners? My mama always taught me that if I couldn't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all. Perhaps that way of thinking could go a long way on this thread!

14. ready2cmyKing

Nope.

15. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

Nope?Who wrote it if not men?

Damn,where's the Lions when you need them

16. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

That was funny plan parent hood and methadone !Where you get this stuff from thank god for waterproof mascara.lmao

17. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Matthew - wrote Matthew, Mark wrote Mark, Luke wrote Luke, John wrote John....many saints, disciples and so on wrote the Bible... The Rumor of Shakespear writing the Bible - never heard that one, but even if I did I would not belive that.

18. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

True, but what do you reference it to that is a constant? Seems the bench mark is a variable.

19. ready2cmyKing

GOD wrote the Bible!

If you have some time on your hands, this is an interesting little lecture about the Bible.

http://www.allabouttruth.org/videos/who-wrote-the-bible-video.htm

20. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I know that Translation has changed the Bible - however I believe in the overall content of the Bible. I actually read/study the NIV Bible but yes I was raised on the KJV... There is no doubt in my mind that translation has changed the wording... but to me - not changed the overall meaning.