Patrick Swayze has cancer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ready2cmyKing, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Most people don't survive this kind of cancer. :-(

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I saw that earlier today, a shame.

3. bummer. i guess i am going to have to watch 'road house' for the umteenth time this weekend

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

just saw it on Entertainment tonight.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

And this guy... [​IMG]

One of my uncles died from it. Most people only live a few months after diagnosis.

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

This clip is absolutely amazing. Please don't judge it (guys) just because it was on Oprah. I saw it about a week ago and we've been passing it to all of our team members (work). Had to MAKE my husband watch it - he was ready to quit when he saw it was Oprah, but he was so glad he watched. You have to watch it all the way through - TRUST ME!

9. peaches

My husband's aunt died from this too. It is pretty quick unfortunately. Hope there is progress soon.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I even let my kids watch it....I have watched it at least once a week since I got it

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm embarrassed to say, that is the movie DH and I saw on our first date. :oops: I was reminded of it when Jeff Healey died earlier this week.

12. OMG on channel 65 vs they are playing ROADHOUSE

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

"Dirty" - as we called it was on 24-7 back in College. Some roommate had it on all the time, always. We even got to the point that we found all the bloopers in the flick & of course quoted all the lines.

Sorry to hear that Patrick is so sick.

14. ny to nc

ny to nc Active Member

really sorry to hear this -- my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer 8 years ago -- 3 weeks from diagnosis to his passing --

I belong to a pancreatic cancer organization -- the lustgarten foundation -- they raise money for pancreatic cancer research -- but still have a long way to go -- its a really tough diagnosis --

I feel for his family

15. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Jeff Healey and now Patrick...these things always run in 3's.

16. browns rule

browns rule Guest

My heart is broken......

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep watched it last night.

18. peaches

It's one of DH's favorite movies, so we've seen it dozens of times. We actually made it past channel 65 without stopping last night!

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

that is sad to hear.

20. My bet is on Ben Gazarra. Man's as old as dirt