Restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

New management, but how many times can you go to that well?

2. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

Lettuce wraps at PF Changs, hmmm and Kobe burgers??? havent tried taht one at the Flipside, but definately will this week.. Not that I need a reason to go there, hehehe I will put it this way, my week isnt complete untill I get my Buffalo Wrap ohh and my Dogfish 60 minute at least once a week.. Its so nice to have such a nice Rest. great staff, awesome food and reasonable prices close by.. I used to hate to go out to eat, as it meant we had to travel into Raligh, Thanks Flipside!!!!!

Ohh and in case no one has noticed, I have a thing for wraps, hehehe

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I hear people comment all the time on the authenticity of the Red Palace menu, especially the Peking Duck. I haven't tried any of those items from the menu, but I do work right around the corner from there and they've got a great lunch buffet, which they also now offer for dinner. Their lunch combination plates are also great compared to other local fast-food chinese options.

4. wsmom

wsmom Active Member

I knew it had a river walk. That whole area used to be a total dive...don't go near it in the daytime, let alone the dark. My favorite place there is Spagetti (sp?) Warehouse.

5. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Oh i forgot to mention
    Jack Astors --> Cary

And if you are in south florida try
    La Bamba --> Margate Fl

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

A little off topic, but I just saw on WRAL that the Chili's at White Oak was the 2nd lowest scoring Wake County restaurant this week, with a sanitation grade in the low 80s! One of the violations was a moldy ice machine. [​IMG]

Also, there is a brand new restaurant in Garner - Locked & Loaded - that scored an 86 on it's very first inspection, which caused it to be shut down until the problems are resolved! :shock:

Mmmm, appetizing! :wink:

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They closed their Greensboro location so I went looking and now their only two locations left in the United States are Cary and Buffalo, NY.

I can understand the Buffalo store since it is so close to the Canadian border, but Cary??? They must be doing a hell of a business (a good year since I was last there) or some kind of tie to a relative on the Board or a vacation home.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Guess I won't be using my $25 gift certificate any time soon :?

9. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

I've been to Carrabbas a number of times, and the food has been quite good.

Try the mixed grill seafood dish! Mmmmmm.....

10. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

We have been to Carrabbas twice with friends, and no one liked the food. That was enough for us.

11. PoohBear

If I am in South Florida I will be going to Joe's Stone Crab, Miami Beach. Stone crabs, cole slaw, hash browns, key lime pie. It does not get any better than Joe's. We even order overnight delivery (Stone crabs, cole slaw & key lime pie) for special occasions. Expensive but it is worth the price. Joe's Stone Crab is only open from October 1 to Mothers Day. That is the stone crab season in south Florida.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A little farther south, but probably less expensive is the Island Grill on Windland Key, Islamorada, Florida.

Whenever I am there, I try and eat at least one meal per day there, only bummer is they will not ship their Key Lime Pie up here!

Homestead is coming up so I am looking forward to dining there again! :D

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We had been to Islamorada Seafood Co. on Islamorada Key and I loved it! That was 2 years ago, and I now understand that they've been bought by the parent company to Bass Pro Shops.. and after eating at the one at North Myrtle Beach recently, I wasn't so impressed with the seafood. However, their sushi was the best I've had.

14. melimel

melimel Member

Yea Chops is a no go for us. Been there twice just terrible. We really like PF Chang but there is another one called Shaba Shabu in Raleigh off of wake forest rd I believe. It is an awesome place to eat really great food and a nice atmosphere. I had the Red snapper it was to die for.

15. Oy Yayoy

Mmmmmm.... Just had the Atlantic Salmon at Outback. There's a waitress there with a British accent. She recommended specifying medium-well for the salmon, which I did, to discourage the cook from drying it out. Also specify a side of Aboriginal Fire Sauce with it.... Delicious!

16. PoohBear

It is very difficult to get any restaurant to not overcook salmon.
    Same thing with country ham. I ask restaurants to just warm my country ham. After all country ham is already cured. Country ham is like leather when overcooked.

17. Oy Yayoy

Salmon is something I LOVE if it's cooked right, but don't care for much if it's overcooked and dry. Tonight was the second time I've had the salmon at Outback, on Highway 70, and the second time they've gotten it right!

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will try to remember that for my next Outback visit. Love Salmon. :)

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Goodnight's upstairs had a pecan salmon that was to die for .... I really hated it when they took it off the menu :cry:

20. oceanblue

oceanblue Active Member

Best salmon I have ever eaten outside of Finland, has been at the Bistro in Biltmore, Asheville.... It was pecan crusted salmon, Mmmm cooked perfectly, so moist it melted in my mouth... If you are ever there I recommend you try it!! When I lived in Finland, I tried all sorts of fish, cooked to perfection.. My (Finnish) step-mom makes a salmon pate to die for.. Fish to them is like chicken to them, it is the most common meat of choice there..