Six Flags?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bulldawg, Oct 4, 2011.

1. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Noticed they have been clearing some trees off 42 close to the Cleveland Draft House. Anyone know what is being built?

(By the way when I grew up in PA the rumor was that a Disney was opening up a park around us. It's nice to know that BS has no borders)

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, its going to be a half-way house for unwed mothers.

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

A B Dubs would be nice. I gave the Draft House another try, but I probably won't go back.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Draft House has decent food and I love the beer selection (not as good as the Saucer though). Just hate the "pub style" service.

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Really? Interesting choice of location, but a place I'd love to puts some volunteer hours in once they're up and running.

6. Grinder

No, actually i was kidding. As far as i know its an office park. They are just clearing lots.

7. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Silly me. How did I not equate a half-way house for unwed mothers as something to joke about?! 8)

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I just saw a sign for an Animal Hospital and Ranch.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

cleaned up dialog from the movie "Dogma"

Jay: We're here to pick up chicks.
    Bethany: Excuse me?
    Jay: We figure a half-way house for unwed mothers is a good place to meet loose women, why else would they be there unless they like to party?

10. Grinder

Steve Martin used to do a joke about them.

"I started doing some work with unwed mothers. You know, just helping them get their start"

That clearing...wasnt sure where exactly you were talking about. That is going to be a pet spa type place. An upper end pet resort with a vet and boarding, goodies for sale and so on.

11. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Wow, right around the corner from the other one, Bone Voyage is it?

12. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

13. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

yes, it is. It's going to hurt their business, which sucks b/c BV rocks. Although it will be nice to have a 24hr emergency vet in JOCO, I will be loyal to BV and Cleveland School Animal Hospital myself.

This place is supposedly owned by the same guy who owns Town & Country in Apex.

http://canyonranchahr.com/

14. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

If the picture means anything, the word 'expensive' comes to mind.

15. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I agree, it will be interesting to see how this business does in this economy and this area. You can't charge Cary/Apex prices in JOCO.
    I have used BV and Cleveland School Animal Hospital since I moved to this area in 2006, I'm sticking with that works. I hope that this community will support community owned businesses as well.