Something Great for Teens...New Teen Club in Clayton,NC!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UnderRageTeenClub, Dec 4, 2006.

1. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

From what i have heard, i believe its a hoax.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

<putting pitchfork down, and slinking away...>

3. lindenul

Well lets recap what we DONT have.

A physcial address of the club.
    A phone number.
    A physical contact person.
    The owners name.

Their myspace asks for people to email them for info instead of posting it on their page. To me, if im trying to open a successful business, im going to post info like that everywhere.

Do-Bop whatshisname has posted on here how great everything will be, without giving any details on what we dont have as listed above.

Someone from our office goes to every Clayton Planning Board meeting every month and no one has heard mention of this club at any meeting.

H-E-double-toothpick....Shane posts about his Stank Jam and he makes flyers, times, dates, contact info and even more. Why? Because he wants it to be a success and for people to come. This Under Rage thing is either totally underground (which means its shady) or its a hoax.

And for being a Christian type atmosphere et al, there are sure a lot of adult film "actresses" and the sort as their friends on their myspace page.

4. .....

We will have to see:)

5. Cleopatra

<gives UnderRageTeenClub a wet willie>

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Sounds like there won't be anything to see :wink:

7. lindenul

Again he comes on here and offers no info.

You definately have a good business sense.

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

lindenul stated "Someone from our office goes to every Clayton Planning Board meeting every month and no one has heard mention of this club at any meeting. "

Why would this club have to come before Planning Board?
    1) No alcohol, 2) existing building, 3) Clayton Corners changes tennants all the time without Planning Board or Town Council approval.
    All new businesses do not go before Planning Board.

9. lindenul

You are right, they might not necessarily go before the board, however they do need a business license and permits. That again might not necessarily be any of the boards business, however most all new businesses that come into Clayton get at least a mention or a discussion during these meetings.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If it is one and the same as the article that was linked elsewhere in the thread, he's already been before a planning board to be over at Shotwell Station and was told he would need to hire a professional security outfit and he said that would cost him an extra $10,000 per month.

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Tassy, It is my understanding that this is not the same business.

The current Clayton UDC defines a "dance hall" as indoor recreation which is a permitted use in the B-3 District. The application for the business at the corner of Shotwell Road & Old US70 was required to get a conditional use permit because he also wanted to have a number of video games, considered an amusement center which must have such approval. This was handled by the Town of Clayton Board of Adjustment and not the Planning Board.

Corey has not mentioned having "video games" in the promotion of his Teen Dance Club. However I believe that the Clayton Planning Department (not the Planning Board) will take a serious look at Corey's application for the Teenage Dance Club.

12. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Starlite?

13. Cleopatra

The drive-in?

14. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

The teen club that used to be next door to Shirley's aka Last Resort.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Now that is a hell of a place for a teen club.

Craig

16. Cleopatra

SO... what happened to it Space?

17. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I just checked out the dance club web site and an individual by the name of "Vontae" has posted on the web site. Just check out his myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=72495362

This is the filthiest, evil individual you cam imagine. Just check it out. I can't and will not repeat his language and intent. Can you imagine this individual in a dance club with 13 year olds. And Corey promotes his dance club as a Christian dance club.

We need the Town of Clayton to put a end to this before it gets started.

18. Is that the one where it has turned into a carpet business?

:?

19. Master_Shake

Master_Shake Banned

From what I saw on the My Space page, it looks like something that going to be moving from regular club to regular club. Am I reading this right?

"Under Rage will be the hottest teen spot ever, having our events at actual bars and nightclubs. With the hottest virgin drinks, best DJ's in the triangle, and the best club setups!...Under Rage will make you not care about being under 21!"

If I'm reading this guy's comments here correctly he's saying that we're out of touch with our kids. Well if this guy thinks there won't be a fight the very first night then he's the one out of touch. Kids are killing each other over tennis shoes for God's sake. Heck, I go to adult clubs and see 40 year old men with beer bellies and bad backs beefin' with each other over barstools and football teams. What's gonna happen when kids that actually CAN fight get caught up in the "you're dissin' me" thing?

That being said, when I was a kid there was a disco where I grew up that had Teen Night on Fridays until 10:00 pm. It was pretty safe inside the club, but I can tell you that outside in the parking lot there were a lot of guys and girls that were also "not caring about being under 21".

Sounds to me like a pedophile's dream come true.

20. Well then...

How come we haven't had any problems with our Clubs at
    The Depot
    The Attic
    City Limits Saloon
    The Office
    Aura

These are clubs we have done teen events at, and had 0 problems!

This is getting kids of the streets, and somewhere where NO drugs,NO Alcohol, No Drinking is going on. And yes we promote our events at places with large dance floors. This is all in good spirits, we are not looking to be perverts, or mess with kids. This is a GOOD THING, and if you would rather keep your kid at local high school drinking parties, or smoking at their friends house...so be it! But we have done teen parties long enough to understand how to go about things. Please do not bash something that is helping kids stay away from parties!

Now if we didn't have security (5 Working), 3 People at the door to read the rules, and people to work the crowd...and keep it cool..

Then complain!