You may want to delete Facebook.zip

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I do not use this, but some may.

[​IMG]Mat Johnson‏Verified account @mat_johnson

Mat Johnson Retweeted Mat Johnson

Download your Facebook account .zip off their site, unzip it, then go to the HTML folder, open the contact_info.htm file. See records of who you've talked to on your cell—not with the app, just on your regular cellphone—and for how long.

Mat Johnson added,

Mat JohnsonVerified account @mat_johnson
    Oh wow my deleted Facebook Zip file contains info on every single phone cellphone call and text I made for about a year- cool totally not creepy.
    4:25 PM - 23 Mar 2018

2. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

I've never trusted Facebook and it will be a cold day in Hell before I would ever create a Facebook account...

...or any social media account, for that matter. Entrusting my personal life to proprietary software and EULA contracts that are intentionally obtuse is just really dumb.

cynadon, Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  3. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Interesting article here:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/27/facebook-knows-a-lot-about-me.html

It's chilling enough to see what Facebook knows, but who Facebook shares that info with without your knowledge is even scarier.

If I need to keep up with my friends and family, there's the phone and email. Not perfect, but still better than having every mouse-click logged for Posterity.

Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Never been on Facebook, but someone pointed out to me the other day, Users are not the customers, they are the product Facebook sells.

Wayne Stollings and BobF like this.