Pine trees being cut down

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Question, On 42 east just past the train tracks I have noticed they are cutting down the trees on the left side of the road. Across from Guy C Lee. What is going up there? At first I thought maybe more development for Grifols but its a mile or so away from their main facility. TIA

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

http://forums.johnstoncounty.today/...ctivity-in-the-area.42669/page-12#post-814458

Grifols donated the land to the Town of Clayton and JCC. JCC plans to build a small campus there.

3. Rockyv58

4. jesse82nc

As far as I know, the workforce development building next to Grifols and Novo is not going away. That building was built and donated by Novo several years back and is primarily used as a training center for their BioWorks certificate. It is setup specifically for that. I think the new JCC campus will be a full satelite campus for several classes in the area (probably for at least a few hundred students). But I am sure it will also have a strong focus on pharma since Grifols donated that land.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. Rockyv58

I took both parts of the Bioworks there and even got state certified. Even had the woman who works there help me rewrite my entire resume to help get a pharma job, but I'll be damned how many reject emails I get from both Grifols and Novo Nordisk.

6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Well, you gave it your best shot. I’m sure that Grifols and Novo Nordisk have hundreds of people applying for just one position, so the competition can be pretty fierce in those places.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  7. jesse82nc

Manufacturing Associates are the front line at places like those. They account for approximately 1/4 of all staff at a site. And typically they have between 1000-1500 applicants for a single posting. Starting pay is typically $15-25/hour.

8. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

9. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

That's what I figured it was. Thank you!